Information Technology Management
Ocelot Consulting's Information Technology Management practice is a specialist consulting service.
We provide Project and Program Management through entire software development lifecycles from concept to deployment. We have experience in the following areas:
- Advising on the alignment of IT projects and programs with corporate strategy
- End-to-end reviews of project governance
- Bids, feasibility analyses, business cases, pilots and production releases
- Project Management Office implementation
- Quality Management and process improvement
- Project 'health checks' and project management plan reviews
- Rescuing and managing troubled projects
- Virtual and multicultural teams
- Training and mentoring staff.
A project review board needs to formalise processes and conduct its functions more effectively.
A project or program of work requires the design and implementation of a Project Management Office to increase efficiency, provide advice to the team and formalise processes and re-usable artefacts.
An existing project or program has not met one or more constraints such as time, cost, scope or quality. External assistance is required to enable the project or program to provide deliverables more predictably.
The implementation of a new system or method involves creating and running training programs and the incorporation of user feedback and statistics.
Onshore and offshore teams need to work together cohesively and there is a need for improved communication and teamwork.
- SDLC selection, or adaptation
- Agile Delivery, e.g. Scrum
- PRINCE2 application
- PMBoK application
- Stakeholder management
- Training and change management
- Schedule analysis
- DMAIC and CMMI
- NPV and IRR analyses
- Process implementation with software tools
- Brainstorming, gateway and post-implementation reviews